Saturday, May 17, 2008

Digital

One main version:

* (1982) - Premonition (2:48), Under Triple Moons (2:45)

The song fades in from silence on both releases, but on "Under Triple Moons" the fade in occurs later, cutting off some of the first lyrics. Near the end of the song, the tracks are put through a pulsing echo and the instruments become more chaotic. The song crossfades into "Dying for the Emperor" at the end.

Instruments: Synth with rotor effect for rhythm; sequenced bass keyboard with odd time signature; single vocal track; barely audible vocal samples near the end.

What It's About:

I won't even try to interpret it, but I'm open to suggestions. The "mind/bend" lyrics are a play on two phrases: to bend somebody's mind (affect a person's thoughts in a generally negative way) and to "mind the bend" (be wary of curves on roads).

Lyrics (adapted from the Cloud-Zero archive):

I digit all the hours that God grants me.
I test myself, I test my friends,
it never ends.

I bend their minds, I mind the bends.
They take it all, don't mind at all.
They're digital. They're digital.

They digit all the hours that God grants them.
They test themselves, they test their friends,
it never ends.

They bend my mind, they mind the bends.
I take it all, don't mind at all.
I'm digital.

No comments: