Sunday, September 18, 2011

Passing Thought

One main version:

* (1982) - Atomic Roses (2:02), Traumstadt I (2:02), Traumstadt I CD (7:54 - 9:56)

This song is between "The Wrong Impedance" and "Atomic Roses #1," but it consists of several different segments. It's possible that "Passing Thought" is actually only the brief Sally Graves spoken-word section at the end, and that the noisy stuff before that is really a suffix for "The Wrong Impedance." I've chosen to lump these sections together as "Passing Thought."

All mixes fade in from "The Wrong Impedance" and fade out cleanly. Included are backwards tracks from the Stoned Obituary version of "Amphitheatre," and from "Onward," an ominous bass synth snippet with drum machine that hasn't appeared elsewhere, extremely sped up vocals which don't seem to come from any other song (and are impossible to decipher).

Instruments: (In the final section) Sally Graves vocals and flute.

Lyrics:

My greatest fear being fear.
Having lost hope, I'm losing respect for life and its offerings,
decaying surroundings that I once loved,
numbness, oblivion, dispassionate.

Void.

No comments: