Sunday, September 18, 2011

Wrong Impedance, The

One main version:

* (1982) - Atomic Roses (3:35), Traumstadt I (3:35), Traumstadt I CD (4:26 - 8:00)

All mixes fade in from "Hauptbahnhof" (with the first few lyrics cut off as usual) and fade out into a collection of experiments that is probably "Passing Thought."

Instruments: Pulsing organ chords, pulsing high-pitched synth with descending pitch, somewhat random melody played on keyboard, two vocal tracks, occasional heavy delay with distortion

Sounds a Lot Like:

"Louder After Six," because this is the same backing track with new lyrics.

What It's About:

A mismatched husband and wife live unhappily together. Presumably, their circuit has too much resistance.

Lyrics:

...pictures on the TV,
heavy breather on the phone.
Mary screams that it's disgusting,
how she hates it on her own.
So I tell her I'll protect her.
She says she'd rather be alone.

We tolerate each other.
It's hard.

So practical on birthdays,
Mary splashed out on a grill,
said "It's time you fixed the furniture
'cause this bomb site makes me ill."
I just dive beneath the headphones,
see I haven't got the will.

We tolerate each other.
Mary's tidy, I'm not.

Nighttime's just the worst of all,
she wears a full-length sack.
Little hole to push her head through,
and we lie there back to back.
And I dream about a wild affair
but I know I'll never act.

We tolerate each other.
? explosion.
There's one now!

Now I know I'm not a Brando
'cause I don't like margarine.
When I try to be romantic
it just ends up  in a scene,
so we live our separate lives but
tell the others we're a team.

We tolerate each other.
It's so hard (but it's hard).
Just  not suited.
Tolerate each other.

No comments: